Tuesday 10 February 2015

Flight & Falls of February

Just over a week in and February has already seen a mixture of ups and downs. Whilst I have many reasons to be appreciative, optimistic and joyous, I've somehow found myself lurking amongst darker thoughts with depression kicking in at impromptu moments. Many are prone to low moods throughout the Winter season, however I fear mine is not so much to do with the climate as opposed to issues I've long been dealing with and are finally becoming overwhelming. I t seems to be a bit of a recurring thing with me to be honest; every time I seem to be making pretty good progress, suddenly I feel almost swamped by anxiety and my mind works overtime on simple things that shouldn't be an issue at all. It's times like these when the littlest of gestures can help raise a smile again if only for a moment. Such gestures have occurred a few times this past week and to those people I am very grateful. My byf also deserves a special mention for putting up with me throughout these difficulties - which are often unpredictable, elongated and unusual, he really is a star, in the best meaning.
 
 
Luckily I have a week off from uni next week and so hopefully things will ease slightly, and perhaps I can catch up on some rest and relaxation. Here's hoping!
 
On a more positive note, here are 5 reasons I'm thankful this week...
 
1. Conquering my initial fears and completing my D.O.E hike at the start of the month.
2. All the kind words and actions of strangers and friends alike.
3. Hot Chocolate dates and cwtches with my boy.
4. Having an article published front page and having others lined-up for publication in future.
5. The prospect of a weekend break abroad in a couple of weeks.
 
 
Peace & Love til' next time

No comments:

Post a Comment